DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Support for the UPS PIco HV3.0A, HV3.0B and HV3.0B+, as also Terminal Block products, SD images also for updated hardware HV3.0A/B/B+
User avatar
Siewert30SW
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by Siewert30SW » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:38 am

Pimaster wrote:suppose 0x30 will be released in the meantime?
definitely
thx and goodluck in this adventure ;-)
Setup:
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / Domo Beta 3.9XXX / RFXtrx433E / Aeotec Gen5
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / PiHole / PiVPN / NAS / Print Server
- Youless Elec&Gas
- FI9803P Cams
- KD101 detectors
- Zwave & KaKu

MyDomoticz scripts: @GitHub
PIco UPS Toolkit: @GitHub
User avatar
cresfang
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:43 am
Location: Garden of Time

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by cresfang » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:38 am

Siewert30SW wrote:For those who still want to run the branch=next kernel or beta 4.9 kernel.
Add dtparam=i2c1_baudrate=10000 to your /boot/config.txt
After reboot it should work, no guarantee but on my side it is working...
THIS WORKS PERFECTLY!!!! ;)
Running in this mode for 3 days in a row now without any ill effect....
Thanks for @Siewert30SW and anywone who bring up the fix + the solution to be included in next firmware... ;)
User avatar
Pimaster
Site Admin
Posts: 1615
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by Pimaster » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:03 pm

You can increase the speed up to 70K, still working perfectly. Higher that 75 has a problem
I suggest to set it at 50 000, work well, and fast enough
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
User avatar
Pimaster
Site Admin
Posts: 1615
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by Pimaster » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi,
The version 0x24 is not compatible with the new kernel. The version 0x30 and up seems to be.
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
User avatar
Siewert30SW
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by Siewert30SW » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Pimaster wrote:Hi,
The version 0x24 is not compatible with the new kernel. The version 0x30 and up seems to be.
Sounds great,
I assume no tricks to get it running?
You pin pointed the issue?
Setup:
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / Domo Beta 3.9XXX / RFXtrx433E / Aeotec Gen5
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / PiHole / PiVPN / NAS / Print Server
- Youless Elec&Gas
- FI9803P Cams
- KD101 detectors
- Zwave & KaKu

MyDomoticz scripts: @GitHub
PIco UPS Toolkit: @GitHub
User avatar
Pimaster
Site Admin
Posts: 1615
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by Pimaster » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:37 pm

Siewert30SW wrote:
Pimaster wrote:Hi,
The version 0x24 is not compatible with the new kernel. The version 0x30 and up seems to be.
Sounds great,
I assume no tricks to get it running?
You pin pointed the issue?
No tricks at all

some simple explanations here below (cumulative all that reasons was the problem)

1. If a test installation functions perfectly, all subsequent systems will malfunction.
2. (Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology) There is always one more bug
3. When things are going well, something will go wrong.
4. Anytime things appear to be going well, you have overlooked something.
5. You always find any bug in the last place you look.

I think I'm clear what was the problem ;-)
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
User avatar
Siewert30SW
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by Siewert30SW » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Pimaster wrote:
Siewert30SW wrote:
Pimaster wrote:Hi,
The version 0x24 is not compatible with the new kernel. The version 0x30 and up seems to be.
Sounds great,
I assume no tricks to get it running?
You pin pointed the issue?
No tricks at all

some simple explanations here below (cumulative all that reasons was the problem)

1. If a test installation functions perfectly, all subsequent systems will malfunction.
2. (Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology) There is always one more bug
3. When things are going well, something will go wrong.
4. Anytime things appear to be going well, you have overlooked something.
5. You always find any bug in the last place you look.

I think I'm clear what was the problem ;-)
I think so, so it aint a incompatibility issue but a bug which has been overseen ;-)
Setup:
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / Domo Beta 3.9XXX / RFXtrx433E / Aeotec Gen5
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / PiHole / PiVPN / NAS / Print Server
- Youless Elec&Gas
- FI9803P Cams
- KD101 detectors
- Zwave & KaKu

MyDomoticz scripts: @GitHub
PIco UPS Toolkit: @GitHub
User avatar
Pimaster
Site Admin
Posts: 1615
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by Pimaster » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Just the former (still existing kernel, was calculate the I2C clock in a different way), so I assume allows some more relaxed approaches. The new is on my understanding more strict and better setting the clock, so I must re-check the routines and improve them little bit.
That is all the story, I will do more tests, but is it going to be released with the 0x30 update
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
User avatar
Siewert30SW
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by Siewert30SW » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Pimaster wrote:Just the former (still existing kernel, was calculate the I2C clock in a different way), so I assume allows some more relaxed approaches. The new is on my understanding more strict and better setting the clock, so I must re-check the routines and improve them little bit.
That is all the story, I will do more tests, but is it going to be released with the 0x30 update
thx for the feedback and patching the issue that fast.
Setup:
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / Domo Beta 3.9XXX / RFXtrx433E / Aeotec Gen5
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / PiHole / PiVPN / NAS / Print Server
- Youless Elec&Gas
- FI9803P Cams
- KD101 detectors
- Zwave & KaKu

MyDomoticz scripts: @GitHub
PIco UPS Toolkit: @GitHub
User avatar
cresfang
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:43 am
Location: Garden of Time

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO BRANCH=next KERNEL!!

Post by cresfang » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:35 am

Pimaster wrote:You can increase the speed up to 70K, still working perfectly. Higher that 75 has a problem
I suggest to set it at 50 000, work well, and fast enough
Yess boss 8-)

I'm testing 50k right now as well ;)

EDIT: 50k gives me 0xff and all that errors... and reverting to 10k + reboot now giving strange fw ver: 69

UPS PIco Firmware....: 69
UPS PIco Bootloader...: 50
UPS PIco PCB Version..: 41
Post Reply